Thursday, July 29, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Well, it's been several months since I have blogged, so here's the updates...

Life is crazy as usual. I keep waiting for a break, but it never seems to come. In March, we had to replace our roof... Yes, you heard correctly... WE had to replace the ENTIRE roof out of OUR pocket on a house that we haven't even owned a year and that is only four-years old... Darn the luck right?! Anyhow, that is done and it looks fabulous. We are going to start painting here in a few weeks. We want to get all that done before replacing the flooring. Our yard looks awesome now thanks to my husband. When we bought the house, the front yard had tons of bare spots and weeds and our backyard was mostly sand and weeds. I am now proud to say that we have one of the nicest laws in our subdivision!

Madison is getting so big so fast. She is completely potty trained (yes, even through the night). She has had the stomach flu twice, pinkeye twice and one of her earing holes got infected (Im just keeping them out and letting them heal up now) since I last blogged. She is still all girl but loves to get down and dirty in the yard with Rob or with me at the barn. She is three now, so of course she has her own opinions about pretty much everything and feels the need to express them all the time. She picks out her own clothes daily, brushes her own teeth and hair, does her own chores and even helps me fold laundry. This is nice, but I fear it won't last.

Rob is doing well. Going back to school this fall. I am so very proud of him! This is going to be a BIG change around our house as he will be taking night classes several times a week. He bought us a home gym and he has been working out like a machine! He wants to gain weight and I want to lose it... Crazy huh?!

As for me? Well, not much has changed. I am still riding as often as I can (it's never enough)... I have been tryng out new recipes here lately and I have discovered that I can cook and I actually enjoy it. I still plan on returning to school, but we decided that it was just smarter for Rob to go back first.

I guess thats really all for now =)

No comments:

Post a Comment